With more hours of sunshine than any other destination in the Lower Mainland. White Rock, BC offers so much to see and do. We at Star of the Sea can help you make the most of your stay.
White Rock South Surrey Tourist Attractions, Travel Links and Information
- Golf courses, driving ranges, tennis courts, swimming, bird & whale watching and many more activities are close by. Please check our links section for more information.
- Spirit of the Sea summer festival.
- Adventures in Whale Watching - Whale Watching with Sea Breeze Adventures in Stevenston just a 20 minute drive.
Visit: Seabreezeadventures.ca or 604 272 7200.
- Kayak the Campbell River
- Bear Creek Park Miniature Train - Located in Bear Creek Park this attraction offers fun and adventure for the whole family rain or shine. A historic miniature diesel and steam engine train ride takes travelers through a magical forest and display tunnel.
- Go on a family adventure and visit the amazing Sea Monster Maze - explore the 7 acre corn maze at the Cloverdale Product Farm market, designed by four time Guinness world record holder.
- Bose Family Corn Maze - From August to October each year, find your way through the corn maze. A favorite for all ages.
- Kayak rentals, instruction and tours at Natural West Coast Adventures
- Browse the quaint shops across from the ocean on White Rock's famed Marine Drive.
- Darts Hill Garden Park - This garden estate features thousands of species and varieties of plants from around the world. The garden is internationally renowned and visited by interested keen amateur gardeners and professional horticulturists from around the world.
- Stop into one of our local specialty fish & chip shops.
- Enjoy locally grown farm produce, unique crafts, wonderful vendor-produced goods at White Rock Farmers' Market
- Historic Stewart Farm - The Historic Stewart Farm features a beautifully restored 1894 farmhouse, pole barn, root cellar and heirloom gardens and orchard in a lovely pastoral setting on the Nicomekl River. Tours are offered year round by staff and volunteers dressed in Victorian-style costumes, a unique experience to be enjoyed by all.
And after a perfect day of sightseeing and exploring the delightful White Rock area, come home to Star of the Sea Luxury Bed & Breakfast to relax and unwind.
Check our LINKS section for even MORE to do in the Greater Vancouver Area
Family Fun Events
- Fort Langley National Historic Site of Canada
Experience life as it was at the HBC trading post 150 years ago! Watch our blacksmith bend steel, pan for gold, see the homes the Sto: lo women sustained or help the cooper shape a barrel. Daily tours & costumed guides on site. Come play with history year round! For more info call 604.513.4777 or visit: pc.gc.ca/fortlangley
- Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair - May
The annual Cloverdale Rodeo and Exhibition only a 20 minute drive from Star of the Sea B&B to the fairgrounds. Bring your hat and boots... and get into the FUN !
- Canada Day Celebration - July 1st
White Rock Beach
The City of White Rock ihosts a Canada Day Birthday Extravaganza on the waterfront. It will be an outstanding fun filled family day that you will not want to miss, and the Snow Birds are back. There will be LOTS OF FUN for EVER ONE! The FIRE WORKS will be simply AMAZING!
- White Rock Festival of the Sea – July/Aug Long Weekend
White Rock, BC
The Spirit of the Sea Festival, a weekend of family oriented activities in White Rock, British Columbia. Highlights include a family beach party with continuous music, the crowning of Miss White Rock and a torch-light parade along Marine Drive and our famous Pier.
- 2nd Annual Cloverdale Blueberry Festival - August
The Best Ways to Beat the Summer Blues is by eating them! Learn more about the wonderful Blueberry, why it's so versatile, tasty and good for you. Blueberry Exhibits, taste testing, recipes, contests and much more. Presented by the BC Blueberry Council (bcblueberry.com)
- Abbotsford International Air Show - August
Canada's National Air show featuring displays, tours, and aerial performances by civilian and military aircraft culminating with the world famous Canadian Air force Snowbirds make this an event to mark on your calendar.
- Northwest Washington Fair - August
Lynden, Washington, USA
One of Washington State's top fairs that annually attracts over 200 000 people who come to see the best in agricultural displays, tractor pulls and entertainment. Lynden, Washington, USA is just a 30 minute drive from the Star of the Sea Bed and Breakfast.
- Hydrangea Blossom Festival - August
The Annual Surrey Hydrangea Festival celebrates life with all age groups, by having a day full of fun, music, dancing, arts, crafts, food, mini gardens, floral displays, games, children's story telling in a giant tent, floral lei making, meeting VIP's, having fun with clowns, and greeting the Little Miss Hydrangea Queen, and her Royal Party.
- Canada Cup International Fast pitch Tournament - July
Softball City, South Surrey, BC
Come and witness some of the best international softball competition in the world. The Annual Canada Cup International Women's Fast pitch Tournament expects up to 70 teams to compete in the main and futures tournament. Let's 'play ball'... in the lazy days of summer!
- Tour de White Rock - July
White Rock, BC
The Tour de White Rock cycling road race will bring an international field once again to White Rock. The grueling 700 meter, 16% hill climb, this weekend event will see the competitors race the Criteriam Circuit on Saturday, and culminate with Sunday's Road Race through streets of White Rock. .
Coming To... Vancouver
- Vancouver International Jazz Festival - June / July
The annual TD Canda Trust Vancouver International Jazz Festival, produced by Costal Jazz & Blues Society. Complete festival details avilable on April 27 at coastaljazz.ca
- Bard on the Beach - May - September
Bard on the Beach is one of Canada's largest not-for-profit, professional Shakespeare Festivals. Presented in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vancouver's Vanier Park, the Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas, and several special events in two performance tents from June through September.
- Festival Vancouver - August
4 days, 10 venues - from the Chan Centre at UBC to the newly-refurbished Christ Church Cathedral - international and Canadian classical, world and jazz musicians offering over 50 concerts to thousands of music lovers from all over the world. Sound irresistible? Explore the extraordinary in one of the world's most beautiful cities at the 5th annual Festival Vancouver.
- HSBC Celebration of Light - July / August
The international musical fireworks competition will bring an exciting variety of music and styles to the event. Three countries will participate in the HSBC Celebration of Light competition.
- Annual Vancouver Folk Music Festival - July
The Vancouver Folk Music Festival is a 27-year tradition created to soothe, inspire and celebrate music, the city and what can happen when all kinds of people get together for a great time on stage, back stage and out in front of it. Everybody fits in at the Festival, and it is definitely not a formal affair! With seven stages running all day long, you can always find music to soothe you. There's a lot more we could say... but we'll give the last word to some of the artists and people in the audience.
- The Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre
The Giggle Dam is the lower mainland’s ONLY high energy, insanely interactive, slightly cheeky and truly hilarious Theatre Adventure! DAM ticket price includes a terrific 4 course meal and a whole evening of outrageous music and DAM laughter! Undeniably the most insanely fun theatre restaurant ever and an incredible value. For more information, visit: giggledam.com
- Grouse Mountain, The Peak of Vancouver
Grouse Mountain has over 80 years of experience in bringing winter sport to Vancouver, with the finest in local skiing and snowboarding. Floodlit runs open until 10pm nightly fit everyone’s schedule. Additional activities include snowshoeing, ice skating, sleighrides, and award-wining dining, all in the backyard of the city. For more information, contact 604.980.9311 or visit us online: grousemountain.com
- Vancouver Museum
Overlooking spectacular English Bay, the Vancouver Museum holds an eclectic collection of this city’s rich cultural heritage. Permanent exhibits tell Vancouver’s stories from the early 1900s to the late ‘70s complemented by ground-breaking feature exhibits.
- Vancouver Aquarium
Come to face-to-fin with over 70,000 animals including beluga whales, Steller sea lions, dolphins, seals and more! Enjoy the dolphin and whale shows, sea otter feeds, and shark dives. Free-roaming animals abound in our popular Amazon Gallery and be sure to stop by our newest gallery that's full of interactive exhibits and a children's play learning area. For a unique hands-on adventure, ask about our Animal Encounters program. Open 365 days of the year. For more info, call 604.659.FISH or visit: vanaqua.org
- The Vancouver Trolley Company Ltd
This live commentated, 26 stop, Hop-on, Hop-off sightseeing tour is your natural transportation link between Vancouver’s top attractions. Our fleet of propane fueled Trolley’s provide summer service (April – November) every 20 minutes, and winter service (November – April) every 45 minutes. A World of Fun Awaits you!
- IMAX Theatre at Canada Place
IMAX® puts you in the picture like no other motion picture format can. By using the largest film frame in the movie industry, IMAX® captures breathtaking images of unsurpassed size and impact. The images are projected on to our five storey tall screen, accompanied by six channel IMAX® Digital Sound, bringing you the ultimate film experience. Open daily for afternoon and evening features. Call 604.682.IMAX or view our current schedule online at: imax.com/vancouver
- Coastal Peoples Fine Arts Gallery
Arctic Wind – Inuit sculpture and painting exhibition opens April 2008. The most famous sculpture community located on Baffin Island in Canada’s north, Cape Dorset, produces numerous highly talented artisans. Each artist will showcase their personalized Cape Dorset style, which is characteristic of naturalism emphasizing both wildlife and the spirit world.
Gallery hours: Monday-Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm; Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm. Website: coastalpeoples.com
- Vancouver Maritime Museum
Immerse yourself in history and discover rich maritime traditions of the Pacific Coast. Step back in time to 1944 on board St Roch, Canada’s celebrated RCMP schooner. Young at heart can explore Alcan Children’s Maritime Discovery Centre and visit historic vessels in Heritage Harbor. Minutes from downtown at south end of Burrard Street Bridge close to Granville Island. Call: 604 257-8300 or visit: vancouvermaritimemuseum.com
- Vancouver Art Gallery
A world-class art encounter located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Current exhibitions include Emily Carr and the Group of Seven – featuring fantastic landscapes by some of Canada’s most iconic painters. Call 604.662.4719 or visit: vanartgallery.bc.ca