With more hours of sunshine than any other destination in the Lower Mainland. White Rock, BC offers so much to see and do. We at Star of the Sea can help you make the most of your stay.
White Rock South Surrey Tourist Attractions, Travel Links and Information
- Golf courses, driving ranges, tennis courts, swimming, bird & whale watching and many more activities are close by. Please check our links section for more information.
- Spirit of the Sea summer festival.
- Adventures in Whale Watching – Whale Watching with Sea Breeze Adventures in Stevenston just a 20 minute drive.
Visit: Seabreezeadventures.ca or 604 272 7200.
- Kayak the Campbell River
- Bear Creek Park Miniature Train – Located in Bear Creek Park this attraction offers fun and adventure for the whole family rain or shine. A historic miniature diesel and steam engine train ride takes travelers through a magical forest and display tunnel.
- Go on a family adventure and visit the amazing Sea Monster Maze – explore the 7 acre corn maze at the Cloverdale Product Farm market, designed by four time Guinness world record holder.
- Bose Family Corn Maze – From August to October each year, find your way through the corn maze. A favorite for all ages.
- Kayak rentals, instruction and tours at Natural West Coast Adventures
- Browse the quaint shops across from the ocean on White Rock’s famed Marine Drive.
- Darts Hill Garden Park – This garden estate features thousands of species and varieties of plants from around the world. The garden is internationally renowned and visited by interested keen amateur gardeners and professional horticulturists from around the world.
- Stop into one of our local specialty fish & chip shops.
- Enjoy locally grown farm produce, unique crafts, wonderful vendor-produced goods at White Rock Farmers’ Market
- Historic Stewart Farm – The Historic Stewart Farm features a beautifully restored 1894 farmhouse, pole barn, root cellar and heirloom gardens and orchard in a lovely pastoral setting on the Nicomekl River. Tours are offered year round by staff and volunteers dressed in Victorian-style costumes, a unique experience to be enjoyed by all.
And after a perfect day of sightseeing and exploring the delightful White Rock area, come home to Star of the Sea Luxury Bed & Breakfast to relax and unwind.
Check our LINKS section for even MORE to do in the Greater Vancouver Area
Family Fun Events
- Fort Langley National Historic Site of Canada
Experience life as it was at the HBC trading post 150 years ago! Watch our blacksmith bend steel, pan for gold, see the homes the Sto: lo women sustained or help the cooper shape a barrel. Daily tours & costumed guides on site. Come play with history year round! For more info call 604.513.4777 or visit: pc.gc.ca/fortlangley
- Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair – May
The annual Cloverdale Rodeo and Exhibition only a 20 minute drive from Star of the Sea B&B to the fairgrounds. Bring your hat and boots… and get into the FUN !
- Canada Day Celebration - July 1st
White Rock Beach
The City of White Rock ihosts a Canada Day Birthday Extravaganza on the waterfront. It will be an outstanding fun filled family day that you will not want to miss, and the Snow Birds are back. There will be LOTS OF FUN for EVER ONE! The FIRE WORKS will be simply AMAZING!
- White Rock Festival of the Sea – July/Aug Long Weekend
White Rock, BC
The Spirit of the Sea Festival, a weekend of family oriented activities in White Rock, British Columbia. Highlights include a family beach party with continuous music, the crowning of Miss White Rock and a torch-light parade along Marine Drive and our famous Pier.
- 2nd Annual Cloverdale Blueberry Festival - August
The Best Ways to Beat the Summer Blues is by eating them! Learn more about the wonderful Blueberry, why it’s so versatile, tasty and good for you. Blueberry Exhibits, taste testing, recipes, contests and much more. Presented by the BC Blueberry Council (bcblueberry.com)
- Abbotsford International Air Show – August
Canada’s National Air show featuring displays, tours, and aerial performances by civilian and military aircraft culminating with the world famous Canadian Air force Snowbirds make this an event to mark on your calendar.
- Northwest Washington Fair – August
Lynden, Washington, USA
One of Washington State’s top fairs that annually attracts over 200 000 people who come to see the best in agricultural displays, tractor pulls and entertainment. Lynden, Washington, USA is just a 30 minute drive from the Star of the Sea Bed and Breakfast.
- Hydrangea Blossom Festival – August
The Annual Surrey Hydrangea Festival celebrates life with all age groups, by having a day full of fun, music, dancing, arts, crafts, food, mini gardens, floral displays, games, children’s story telling in a giant tent, floral lei making, meeting VIP’s, having fun with clowns, and greeting the Little Miss Hydrangea Queen, and her Royal Party.